Similar Situations, Different Responses, All Human
There are some situations that occur, it seems, simply to show us that while we may be different from others in various ways, there are some things in life that we all go through. It is called being human! Have you encountered any of these situations? If so, which one(s) and how did you handle it/them?
1. Realizing that you didn’t quite hang up your phone and now are paranoid about whether or not someone may have heard your conversation.
2. That moment that you were flirting with one potential lover, only to then see the potential lover of your dreams who saw you flirting with that other person.
3. Thinking you are nattily attired, nicely dressed, dressed to the nines, quite the dapper individual, only to cross your legs and realize you have on mismatched socks.
4. The frustration of realizing that though you are in a hurry to get dressed and get out of the house, you are out of clean underwear.
5. Rapidly completing your business to avoid getting a ticket because your car is illegally parked, only to find a ticket left on your windshield when you get back to your vehicle.
6. Attending a meeting of over 100 people and realizing that you are the only one (of your gender, race, generation) in the room
7. Hearing your new love interest tell you that you talk in your sleep, and as they say it she/he has a look on her/his face that leads you to believe that you may have said something you shouldn’t have.
8. The anxiety that accompanied the phone call you received from your boss’ office saying she wants to see you, immediately!
9. Attempting to complete your use of a public restroom and realizing that you are out of the proper materials to finish the job.
10. Encountering someone you know that addresses you by name, but whose name you can’t recall!
11. Congratulating a woman on her pregnancy only to discover that she isn’t pregnant.
12. Approaching two people, an older man and a younger woman, or older woman and younger man, and assuming that they are parent-child, when they are not.