I am curious as to….... women and men!
I have really enjoyed the conversations over the last month or so. We covered romance, sex, movies (all that was missing from those two was the popcorn), interracial dating, love as a social construct, weight, activism, and gang violence, I decided I wanted to go somewhere different with this blog. So I am hoping that respondents will opt to answer at least a few of my questions, if not all. Okay, drop it like it's hot!!!
1. I am curious about people’s perspectives on men whining. Why is it not okay for men to whine?
2. I am curious why women can share a bed on a sleep over, hold hands running across a street, or fall asleep on one another’s shoulders, while most men wouldn’t be comfortable doing any of the above, including crying in front of their friends, something many women wouldn’t give a second thought about doing.
3. I am curious who people may think are most vain, men or women?
4. I am curious what people think about the phenomenon of the keg at college parties that are thrown by Whites, in contrast to the usual occurrence of “no keg” at college parties thrown by Blacks.
5. I am curious as to why college women seldom if ever have keg parties when it is just women in attendance, but college men break out the kegs with no hesitation with or without women.
6. I am curious as to why in today’s society men are still cast as the initiators/instigators of romance when women know (as Chris Rock once said in a stand up routine) whether they want intimacy with a man upon their first meeting?
7. I am curious as to why men don’t get tattoos on the top of the back of their waistlines as opposed to many women who do.
8. I am curious as a matter of fact if women know if they want a man sexually upon first sighting.
9. I am curious why so many of us play the bystander role when our friends or associates are doing something socially unjust (like picking on someone that embarrasses us or them).
10. I am curious as to how many men actually ask themselves when they are kissing a woman if they are being too aggressive or not aggressive enough.
11. I am curious as to how many women ask themselves when they are kissing men if they should be more or less aggressive.
12. Lastly, I am curious as to why more women respond to my blogs than men. What is that about? I can’t wait to hear your answers!